Although the following is a list of courses currently available, if you are looking to have a specific course taught, please let me know and a customized course can be created.
Note: Where I have the skillset, I teach the class. When I do not, I bring in a professional who teaches the classes.
Getting Connected Social Series
- How to use your cell phone
- How to use you tablet/ipad
- How to use to Internet in general
- All about Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram
- Frauds and scams – what to be aware of
- Internet Security – understanding security settings and other information
- Internet – browsing search engines like google and finding what you are after
- Internet – how to clear your search history
Money Management Series
- Income and benefits from government programs
- 30 day – Budget in a Baggie* (On-line. Now Available)
- Internet Banking – do not be afraid, it’s great!
- Managing and protecting your assets
- Planning for possible loss of independence
- Planning for your future housing needs
- Live long and prosper, do not outlive your money
- Financial abuse and steps you can put in place to avoid it
Living Healthy/Travel Series
- How to find information on the Northern Ontario Health network
- Healthy eating on a fixed income
- Stay on your feet
- Cooking for one
- Staying Safe in your own home
- It’s not right – Elder Abuse
- Downsizing and Decluttering
- Preparing to Move to a smaller place
- Staying social – it is important*
- Engaging with your skillsets to keep you busy and teaching others*
- Senior Travel. With the onset of COVID-19 Have you ever thought about seeing the world without leaving home? Sit back and enjoy the world with Viking TV (just click on the words Viking TV to begin)
- Mental Health Discussion.
- Medicinal Cannabis – it’s not the same as the recreational kind
- Women and Credit – the importance of having your own credit and improving your credit score
- Firearms – did you know you need a PAL if you have them in your home even if you don’t use them?
- Understanding all of your insurance – be “assured” you are “insured” correctly
Estate Planning Series
This is a 3 part series and you must attend all 3
- Estate Planning – Part 1 – The big book – getting your information in order
- Estate Planning – Part 2 – Understanding what you have and the importance/issues with Powers of Attorney
- Estate Planning – Part 3 – Creating you will
- Cemetery and funeral planning information
- Being named an Executor in a will (Are you named as an executor or do you want to know what your executor has to do? Then this class is for you).
- You have received an inheritance, what it the best thing to do with it?
Pictures, Pictures, Pictures
- Getting all those pictures off your phone or tablet and put elsewhere
- Getting your pictures organized
- Getting your pictures printed
- Getting your pictures from email, facebook and other websites (Like ancestry)
- How to use your laptop
- Organizing your information
- Backing up your data
- Managing email
- How to use Microsoft Word
- How to use Microsoft Excel
- How to use Microsoft Powerpoint
- Learning how to log off properly and clearing your browsing history